1. an important question that is in dispute and must be settled;"the issue could be settled by requiring public education for everyone""politicians never discuss the real issues"
2. one of a series published periodically;"she found an old issue of the magazine in her dentist's waitingroom"
3. the provision of something by issuing it (usually in quantity);"a new issue of stamps""the last issue of penicillin was over a month ago"
4. some situation or event that is thought about;"he kept drifting off the topic""he had been thinking about the subject for several years""it is a matter for the police"
5. supplies (as food or clothing or ammunition) issued by the government
6. the immediate descendants of a person;"she was the mother of many offspring""he died without issue"
7. a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon;"the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise""his decision had depressing consequences for business""he acted very wise after the event"
8. the income arising from land or other property;"the average return was about 5%"
9. the becoming visible;"not a day's difference between the emergence of the andrenas and the opening of the willow catkins"
10. an opening that permits escape or release;"he blocked the way out""the canyon had only one issue"
11. the act of issuing printed materials