1. contrary to rule or accepted order or general practice;"irregular hiring practices"
2. (of solids) not having clear dimensions that can be measured; volume must be determined with the principle of liquid displacement
3. not occurring at expected times
4. used of the military; not belonging to or engaged in by regular army forces;"irregular troops""irregular warfare"
5. deviating from what is usual or common or to be expected; often somewhat odd or strange;"these days large families are atypical""highly irregular behavior"
6. lacking continuity or regularity;"an irregular worker""employed on a temporary basis"
7. of a surface; not level or flat;"walking was difficult on the irregular cobblestoned surface"
8. used of independent armed resistance forces;"guerrilla warfare""partisan forces"
9. independent in behavior or thought;"she led a somewhat irregular private life""maverick politicians"